Saturday, March 13, 2010

I've Had Enough!

"I'm sorry, who sings this song? Isn't this Jay Sean? Wait...no...he sounds like him! What about this song? What? So this is not Trey Songz? Whaaaaaaa???!"

Okay as you can see, I am really frustrated with today's music. It's bad enough that the radio stations are over playing songs and instead of liking them I end up hating them. Like I did with Jason Mraz song "I'm Yours."

I don't know what to say? Many songs sound like each other, worse, most of today's biggest hits singers sound like each other.

Today anybody can make a song about anything as long as it's catchy (think "Tick Tock" and "Blah, Blah, Blah" by Kesha, "Videophone" by Beyonce, "Poker Face" by Lady GaGa, "How Low" by Ludacris, "Carryout" Timbaland ft. Justin Timberlake. Okay many listed are not anybody but listen to the lyrics and you'll understand what I am talking about) and you will make millions of dollars and maybe get lucky and earn a Grammy. Its more of who can be the daring artist as in fashion. Who can offend the most and get lots of buzz? Who can SELL more in the end? It's more of a competition in sales than talent and the quality of the album. It's really sad to see that it's coming to this.

No comments: